Marine insurance is important for businesses involved in shipping or receiving goods, operating watercraft commercially, repairing vessels, running a marina and more.
Marine insurance can provide valuable cover on both land and sea for:
- Freight forwarders
- Importers and exporters
- Marina owners
- Primary producers
- Tourism operators
Depending on the type of policy you choose, marine insurance policies can cover:
- Goods transported by sea, air, rail or road from collection point to delivery.
- Marina operators, yacht clubs, ship repairers, port authorities and other marine service providers against third-party injury and property damage.
- Loss or liability for commercial vessel operators, such as charter or tourist boats, fishing vessels, tugs or barges.
- Trucking or logistics companies who transport goods within Australia
- Pleasure crafts, such as yachts or cruisers for accidental damage, theft, sinking and property damage.